About Me

I'm dying of liver failure. Unknown cause. Currently asking God for another six months. I want to be there on the birthday of my love.

What I've Already Said

Thursday, December 16, 2010

And so the tears fall down

Read the following..spoken by Brent Smith singer of Shinedown..while you watch the video attached..stop the video before the song starts..the song is for my next post..:

"I can't count the amount of interview that we've done where people have asked what this song means and where it came from...You see..The 45..is actually the world. Because alot of people believe it's solely about a gun....When I was about 15 years old..I had a friend of mine who was very, very very close to me..He was a cousin, who had so many people around him that loved him more than anything in the world. And for some reason, he didn't understand, why he couldnt..allow them to love him at all. He felt like there was something wrong with him...And that he didn't deserve..all the good things and the good people around him. And one day, actually on Christmas day.._?__ went over to his house, he knew that there was something a little wrong. And he went into..went down the hallway basically to his room and at the--the door was locked...And he asked who was on the other side..And he said yes. And he says, "Why is the door locked?".....And through the..through the air he says, "I can't do it anymore. I just don't have it in me."..And within 10 seconds..he heard "bang"...And for that moment and time..Time itself stood still..And then two minutes went by and all the sudden he heard something..It sounded like furniture being..pushed across the floor..And he slowly heard other things collapsing down and there was movement..and the door opened..And there he was..Looking at his friend..his family member..And he said, "I couldn't do it..I couldn't even do this." ...And his friend took his hands and folded them in this way..and said, "There will never. Ever. Be a perfect day...And there will never ever be a perfect world..But you have Not. Even. Scratched the surface...of the greatness..that's inside of you..The will to live..Will always outweigh the ability to die."....And if you would like to know, how that young man is today..He is extremely happy. With an amazing family..And just so you know..He's doing just fine."
Peace, Love, and Brent Smith
~Ratty

No comments:

Followers